Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

lark// 4 months


Our tiny Lark is now four whole months old. If I had to sum her up in one word it would be delightful. She is just so happy and content. She has put herself onto a two nap a day schedule, the first one being three hours long and the second one two hours long. Then she conveniently starts to get sleepy at seven, around the same time as her older sister. Who, by the way, wakes us up more than she does. If anyone can tell me how to keep a toddler in her bed all night long - let me in on the secret!



She is still an avid thumb sucker, but will exchange her thumb for a toy to see how it tastes. Drool. is. everywhere. She can hold onto that toy now too, and reaches for and grabs anything she can see including her toes. She has also mastered rolling over onto her tummy, but once she is there she's stuck until rescued. Still no hair to speak of.


At her check up, she weighed 14 lbs 8 oz. and the pediatrician predicted she would walk early. I told him she sleeps 10-12 hours straight at night, and he said I must be nursing all day long. I do feed her every two hours and I love that time we get to spend together, quietly rocking with her tiny hand grasped around my finger.



I can't believe how big she is getting. Some mornings I feel like I can tell she grew overnight. I just want to keep her as my happy baby forever, but at the same time I am so excited to hear that little voice call me mom. Being a mother is so conflicting - agonizing over another day's growth, yet triumphing with them over a newly learned skill. I don't know that I'll ever reconcile the two ends of the spectrum. Pause! Play!

I sure do love this little girl.


I'll be taking pictures of Lark wearing her brooch monthly from now on...

9 comments:

  1. oh, i can't get over all that luscious chub! i bet you want to bite on her all day long. i already have conflicting feelings about my baby too! one minute i want her out and the next i never want her to leave my belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a DOLL! I could eat those feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me? She's like the baby every Mom wants... perfect with nursing, naps AND bed time. How did you get so lucky?? She's so cute!
    I know that feeling about wanting to pause and then play their life. Sometimes I shed a few tears when I look at Beck and see that he's already 18 months. But, I'm also so proud of him and all he's accomplished. It's a hard, conflicting feeling sometimes, but I know exactly what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I didn't have baby fever before, I certainly and most definitely have it now :)

    http://lovesarasophia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how crisp you've captured her eyes here! and we're going through the same thing with a waking toddler and a 3-month-old who is a great night time sleeper! i expected the newborn to be the bigger challenge.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure how I found your blog but am so glad I did!
    She is l-o-v-e-l-y! Those eyes!!

    xo
    babymama
    avagracescloset

    ReplyDelete
  7. she sure looks happy!
    ummm...my toddler still sleeps in MY bed so i'm sorry i can't help out on advice keeping yours in her bed all night! i'd say you're doing pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is perfectly delicious. I love sweet bald baby heads, they are divine!

    ReplyDelete