Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

zoomed in nursery tour

I promised you a tour of the girl's shared nursery this week, but it turns out I am still waiting for a package to arrive in the mail... but once it does come I am finished!!! Oh, it's going to feel so good to call this room done. I am really happy with how it is all coming together.

In the meantime, here is a zoomed in tour of some fun spaces...


LM's art display above her bed, hung up with clothespins on glitter ribbon. She is so proud of her art - it's a mix of what we do at home, and what she makes at a neighborhood art class she attends. There are also a few vintage French flashcards thrown in...


LM's bed. I thrifted this green gingham animal blanket when LM was a baby and she has since become very attached to it. I suppose now it has become her official baby blanket, instead of the one I made for her (which never gets used), but that's okay!



The beginnings of a ceramic animal collection in the works on top of the dresser, and a peek at one of the crib sheets I made from a vintage sheet the other week. 


This Noah's ark crewel was made by my mom for my older sister's nursery in the 70's. It's one of my favorite decorations in the room.



A quiet nursing corner, and some fluffy clouds and birds above the crib.


What LM sees as she is going off to dreamland...


Vintage suitcases full of essentials - a dollhouse, a flashlight for shadow puppets, a bottle of water, puzzles, favorite bedtime books, and anything else a toddler decides is important to put in there... always a surprise to open them up!


And, it's no secret I am slightly obsessed with this rug and the colorful background it creates, but it also makes for a good hiding place... hmm, do I spy Cars undies? :)

Can't wait to show you the zoomed out version!

6 comments:

  1. So much goodness! I adore the vintage animal blankie (I'd say my kids only use 10% of what I made for them, so don't feel too bad!) and love the colors of the NOah's ark piece. I have that same crib mobile, although I took the animals off and made a little wall hanging out of them!

    Can't wait to see the whole reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it all! Do you have a tutorial for the crib sheet?? i'd love to do that... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. would def agree with a request for a crib sheet tutorial - i have tried once but feel like I just wasnt getting it right? please HALP

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am in love with that crewel piece!! so sweet to have that in the girl's room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the room looks gorgeous, looking forward to the zoomed out version too

    ReplyDelete