Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

little vintage style v.12


Welcome to Little Vintage Style, a place to show off your little ones wearing vintage - whether it be clothing you thrifted, bought, used to wear yourself, made using a vintage pattern or vintage fabric, we want to see! Link up every Wednesday, and make sure to click around and say hello to all of the other vintage lovin' mommas like you!

**********

This weekend I took a deep breath and pulled the original tag off of my favorite vintage children's dress. Finally, nearly 60 years in the waiting, it would be worn by a cute little girl for the first time. I couldn't help but wonder how in the world this pretty little dress remained untouched for so long, but was happy to be the ones to weave the first memory into it's threads.

Although not the traditional color scheme of red, white, and blue, this is what LM wore part-time to celebrate the Fourth of July. We set off a bunch of party poppers during the day to get things started and made a colorful mess. I had to act silly to get LM to laugh because she didn't like the loud noise. The fireworks show at night wasn't her favorite either, but we did build her courage up enough to hold a sparkler! So, if you ask me, I'd say the first memory was a good one.






 LM wore: 50's deadstock vintage dress - ebay
Momma wore: vintage cutout blouse - Thrush, skirt - Tulle

I am looking for guest posters to start filling in some weeks since I only have so much vintage clothing in the girls sizes right now... if you'd like to be featured on the main post, send me an email at stacecadet21(at)gmail(dot)com, I'd love to hear from you!

Link up below!



11 comments:

  1. Yes, really adorable dress! I can see why it's your favorite!! And great pictures with the streamers!!

    I'd be happy to do a guest post, although, like you, I'm quickly running out of vintage that fits right now. I can't wait until cooler weather, because I've got lots of long sleeves!

    Shoot me an email if you're interested! appendageassemblage at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow...this is incredible. There are no words! I have such a growing collection of gorgeous vintage garments for my future little one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress on LM Stacy. I am absolutely smitten with what you are wearing though, you look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of you being surprised and her laughing, it's my fav! And you both look darling

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous little dress, I sometimes keep stuff in the wardrobe afraid to pull the original tags off too. I love your skirt also.
    If you want to feature some winter vintage fashion from the other side of the globe I'm happy to do a guest post. Just email me on geckogrl2002 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I love both of the outfits...and I really love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love her little dress. I adore your skirt- so flattering and such a pretty shade of blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two look so pretty ! I really love the stories that go with vintage clothes like why didn't the dress get worn. was it something that just never sold in the store or was it a forgotten gift ect.. :)

    I would be happy to guest post if you've ever looking for one though it looks like you already have a few :)
    my email is liliofthevalley91@gmail.com

    have a lovely week,
    Lili xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dress is amazing and you look gorgeous! i know what you mean about cutting off the tags. it is VERY hard for me to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is so sweet! I love the colors! How amazing that it had never been worn - who could have passed up such a cute dress?!

    Also - love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks phenomenal! Argh, cutting the tags off a pristine dressie/shirt is soooo hard. I had a couple of pairs of deadstock pants for wolfie and he was FINALLY big enough to wear them—taking the tags off was rather bittersweet.

    Happy Weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete