Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

photo editing tip

Happy Monday friends! How was your weekend? Husband was out of town the end of last week and all weekend, so I played single mom by day (exhausting) and edited a ton of photos for the shop by night! My cute niece came over to model some older girl dresses for me again, and I'm excited to make them available soon!

She is a lovely model, but unfortunately, the weather was not cooperating the day she could come over - it was sunny when we first started but it quickly turned into a cloudy dark rainstorm! We just had to work with what light there was, so the pictures turned out less stellar than I was hoping...


I am trying to learn how to use my camera to its potential, and still need to practice and learn a lot more. Obviously, the best case scenario that I am trying to work towards is to have all of my photos ready straight out of camera, but that just doesn't happen most of the time.

Because it was so dark, I had to turn up my ISO which added to the amount of 'noise' on the photos, or in other words made them more grainy. My SIL, who is awesome at taking pictures and helps answer my questions, turned me onto a free Noiseware software that helps get rid of noise (the bottom one is free). So, that is what I ended up using on this photo shoot. 

Click on the pictures to make them bigger and you can see the difference better.


It definitely helped salvage my pictures, so I thought I would pass this little tip along in case you find yourself needing it. I would love for you to leave any photography tips you have in the comment section, I know there is a lot more I need to learn that you could teach me!

And, in the meantime, I will practice, practice, practice!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great tip..thanks! I've been looking for something like this that was FREE! for sometime now:)

    ReplyDelete