Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

thrifty fashion finds


Ever since the Little Miss grew out of the clothes she received as gifts when she was born I have mainly dressed her in thrift store finds. Since she is growing so fast it makes more sense to me to save money this way, but also there are some really cute and unique clothes to be found at thrift stores (and the thrill of a good find can't be beat)!

This is not to say that I have never bought her new clothes (whether handmade or store-bought) because I have and still will, but that I am trying to be more conscious of how I am using my resources (read: I'd like to own a house someday).
This past week I was especially tempted to splurge. The clothes were really cute, but I am so glad I put them back and quickly left - mostly because she didn't really need them.

So, in an effort to renew my thrifty spirit and not feel like I want slash need to buy her an entire new fall wardrobe from Crewcuts I am going to be putting together some thrifted outfits (with handmade and vintage thrown in) and posting them for continued inspiration to stay the thrifty course - for myself and hopefully for you too.

The outfit pictured:

Yellow Polka-Dot Cardigan - $1
Mint Shirt - $2
Gap Skinny Jeans - $3
Circo Ballet Flats (still currently sold at Target) - $2
Flower Hair Clip - gift
Grand Total = $8

I would love for you to join in if you'd like, leave a link in the comments to your thrifty fashion finds (it doesn't have to be 100% thrifted)!

(Did I use enough parentheses?)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, great deals! Our thrift stores are so expensive around here. I found a pair of kid shoes at Goodwill for $7 that I knew sold at Wal-Mart for $3. Do you mostly shop at DI?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit and I LOVE deals too! Maybe I will have to take you up on your challenge and go find some new duds for the lil' ones at the thrift stores (we all know I am crazy for kid to kid and DI :) Wish you were closer so we could go together (I am still looking for a the cake platter dish...none to be found yet, I think you got the last best one!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cutest picture ever! you know i am all about a recycled wardrobe!!!

    http://pippiparade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete