Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010


Last night was rough.

The Little Miss got a tummy bug so none of us got a restful nights sleep. I felt so bad for her. And for Husband who had to get up early for work. Today she has a 100 degree fever and wants nothing to do with food and everything to do with lounging on the couch and watching her new obsession, The Cat in the Hat.

I am pretty tired, but in a strange way I appreciate these not so glamorous moments in mothering. Because even though I had to wash her down three separate times last night and do two extra loads of laundry today, I also got to rock her to sleep in the middle of a quiet night and snuggle with her all morning. And those moments, whether good or bad, are what solidify my love for her.

So glad it's Friday. If the Little Miss is feeling better I have a date with Husband to look forward too (and an Indian food craving to satisfy). Hope your weekend is lovely!

6 comments:

  1. this happened to Dinah on Monday, (nice way to start the week). but i do so agree about those love-solidifying moments of motherhood. wouldn't trade them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, poor baby! Hopefully she's feeling better now. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post. I agree that the snuggle time we get when our kids are sick is so special. It's scary to take care of a sick baby, but the love grows so much! Glad she's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad, poor Avery. I hope she is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't worry. it never ends. you'll still be woken up at night 10 years from now.

    ReplyDelete