Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

found scrap quilt






I found this baby quilt at the thrift store almost a year ago, but recently unearthed it from the pile of blankets in the nursery. There are so many great prints it's impossible for me to choose a favorite. I don't know if I'd have the patience to embroider each and every piece like this, but isn't it beautiful? I feel like it was made with love and each print has it's own story that I wish I knew. 

It's a great idea for a way to use up all those scraps of fabric that are too big to throw away, but too little to be really useful. I thought that I'd start a 'scrap bag' for each of my (future) kids and eventually make a quilt like this out of all the fabric I sewed for them growing up. Then I would know the stories and be able to cuddle in it with my grandchildren and tell them what their parents were like... is it too early to think about that?

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely find! And a great idea for a future gift. And yet another thing to add to my list of thrift store treasure hunting - handmade baby blankets!

    ReplyDelete