Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

my picture book of songs

(On her birthday with her Aunt Heather)

As promised, here is a closer look at the music book the Little Miss got for her birthday. She loves flipping through it and looking at all the colorful cute pictures while I try to pick out the tunes to the songs (I'm not very good and we don't have a piano).


My mom told me she remembers my Grandmother teaching children to sing using this book. It was written by three women during the WW2 era with the purpose to help make children happy in the midst of their fathers going off to war and their mothers having to work. We really love its gorgeous illustrations and fun songs and think it was the perfect gift!




Does it make you happy?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it makes me happy! I love this book! I thought it was a clever present. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Avery loves it, what a fun book

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adore this book as well. i had it when i was young and simply love the elephant photo. my mom even framed a few of them for our playroom. such a happy memory. xo.

    ReplyDelete