Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

and then she was four

Yesterday was the Little Miss' fourth birthday. Overall, I think I am pretty okay with her growing up, but then I open an email from the preschool she will be attending this Fall and start tearing up just looking at the starting date. She keeps reminding me that she needs a backpack soon, and I have this nagging thought in the back of my mind that it is about time for her first real haircut (that she didn't administer herself) to chop off the mullet ringlets. The ones that curl so perfectly after a bath.

But, well, she is four now and tells me she is just going to keep having birthdays, so I suppose I will have to get used to these coming-of-age type things.


She requested an art party with friends and I was happy to oblige such a fun theme. I must give credit my to good friend Crystal for setting up a play date with all of our friends that just so happened to be on LM's birthday, and then she allowed me to take over and turn it into a party - it helps when other people do the initial 'save the date' for you ;)

Since we did the whole rainbow thing for Lark's first birthday party, I decided to go with a less expected color scheme and do an ombre blue/green theme throughout. For the invitations I used these two fonts and simply emailed it out with directions. I just don't know if I'll ever be prepared in time to mail invitations out, but with an art/paint/ombre theme you could really run with it and do something pretty... 

Pictures of the party and the art project the kids did to come! 



1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to LM, great party theme. My little man turns 5 tomorrow - that time has flown by. We are hosting a pirates party, currently in the midst of preparing pirate games!!:)

    ReplyDelete