Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

our eventful weekend

There are various piles of stuff all over my house and I can't help but think they are all deadlines staring me down. 'Four weeks and counting to clean me up, wash me, iron me, organize me, or donate me before baby comes.' So to fool myself help myself feel more productive, instead of washing and ironing this pile of vintage dresses like I need to...

Photobucket

...I hung them up so they can't stare at me anymore.
But aren't they pretty?

Photobucket

Happily the nursery was painted this weekend, so now that I can organize the baby stuff in there the number of piles laying around should start decreasing dramatically - and the fun decorating part can begin, yay!

Photobucket

And, other than painting the nursery and moving to-do piles from one place to another, our eventful weekend included the Little Miss taking a tumble down the stairs which resulted in her first ever shiner (see below). But the most exciting part for me was that...drum roll please... she is now potty trained! I've made the attempt several times before now but she never really wanted to keep it up, so I decided to just wait until she was ready and this time is was a breeze. Best feeling ever to have that hurtle over and done with before the new baby comes - one less major 'deadline' staring me down!

Photobucket

Hope you had a nice eventful weekend too :)
(although free of black eyes of course)

5 comments:

  1. Oh poor little Avery, looks like it hurt :( However, that is so awesome she is potty trained. It is the best feeling EVER! It will be such a blessing to have only one diaper to change. I swear girls are so much better at potty training then boys. Both Stock and Briggs were 3 yrs on the dot. I can't wait to come visit and see the nursery and that cute baby when she comes (we will be up north March-20 or something like that). I could take some baby pic for you if you wanted ;) Hope you are feeling well sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl! She still looks so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the potty training! That's so great!!! Poor little thing. At least you got an adorable picture of her with her first black eye. I can't wait to meet the new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the finished room! That's awesome that she's potty trained, now you won't have two in diapers at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay on the potty training! and i will take that pink/yellow floral in the middle of that rack ;)

    ReplyDelete