Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

little vintage style v.35



Welcome to Little Vintage Style, a place to show off your sweet little ones wearing vintage! Link up every Wednesday, and make sure to click around and say 'hello!' to all of the other vintage lovin' mamas like you!

***********

Hi, I’m Kelli from urban moppets and I’m so excited to be visiting today. I love the vintage fashion trend and I guess you could say that I’m a little vintage myself ! Yes, I have 3 grown children, 5 grands between 16 mos and 7 yrs, and a 5 year old daughter! I have always been a little obsessed with children’s fashion and have been sewing since I was young. I made a lot of clothes for my older kids when they were little and actually saved several of their favorite outfits from back then, both homemade and bought. I never expected to have another little one wearing them as vintage clothes years later but it is a lot of fun to see my five year old daughter and even my grand children in them. My Moppet loves wearing anything that her older sisters wore when they were little! 


This little blue romper was not made by me but was a favorite of mine back then so I hung onto it for some reason.  My moppet loves this one and calls it her “acrobat suit”.  I don’t have a clue where that idea came from!  


My granddaughter is wearing the yellow gingham dress and pinafore outfit. It has a matching bloomers and a bonnet but she didn’t want anything to do with the bonnet! I made it for her mommy when she was a baby! I’m so glad that I kept these things, it’s great to see them being worn again.





I have also started sewing some vintage inspired clothes for the littles in my life.  This pink cape was made from vintage curtains that belonged to my husband’s mother and trimmed with lace from one of her antique tablecloths that had some damage to it.  The blue floral wrap dress was made from vintage pattern from 1958 and the fabric has been in my stash for over 20 years. I have some other vintage patterns that I can’t wait to get started on!



Thanks so much for letting me stop by today Stacy….I love your vintage style and your little moppets are adorable!  Please stop by my blog and enter my first giveaway!

Thanks Kelli, how fun to get to see your favorite clothes worn again! If you'd like, grab a button on the sidebar and link up below...




No comments:

Post a Comment