Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

party prep


Today I am going through old 45 records, choosing my favorites and cleaning them up. I was so happy to find out my mother had kept these along with some toy musical instruments that I remember playing with as a child because the Little Miss will be having a belated family musical birthday party this weekend! These records will be part of the decorations.

Have I told you that she loves to sing? She was singing the day she was born. The first thing my mother said when she held her was what a clear, beautiful voice she had. I actually had a hard time thinking of a theme for her party until one day she woke up from her nap and I could hear her sweetly singing in her room. That's when I knew she needed to have a music and singing party.


I was going to make record invitations like these to send out, but I ran out of time (and maybe motivation) so instead I sent out a 'singing invitation' video to all her cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas, and grandpas. In it she sings Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and then invites them to her party to sing with her and blows them a kiss. I think it turned out sweeter and more memorable.

I'll let you know how it all turns out. Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! That sounds like the best invite:) I hope your little Miss had an awesome birthday!xx

    ReplyDelete