Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

vintage coat pattern


I've been asked if I used a vintage pattern to make the Little Miss' church coat and the answer is yes! I made view 1 (the yellow one) but opted not to add the fake pocket flaps on the front or use lace on the collar. I am still tempted to make the large detachable collar shown in view 2, but we'll see if I ever get around to it. And how cute is that petal hat! Funny how the hat is what made me buy this pattern in the first place, but I have yet to make it!

This particular pattern I bought off Etsy (so many cute options), but I have found a lot of vintage patterns that cost next to nothing at thrift stores, garage sales, and my mother's sewing room closet!

2 comments:

  1. SO cute, I love it. I once found a bunch of vintage patterns for girl's and women's underwear at a garage sale. I bought two because I thought they were so funny. And they were a quarter each :)
    You did a great job on that coat, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to search around to see if I can find one, but if not, I would love to borrow the pattern for a day or two! Thanks Stacy!

    ReplyDelete