Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

up for sale


I got into a purging mode last week and decided to go through my closet and be honest with myself about whether or not I would ever wear everything in it. Our closet isn't very big, so I have a feeling I am going to need to do this periodically to keep it from getting out of control. I don't shop that much, but somehow it still adds up over time! I was able to pull out quite a few pieces that I love but are just not getting any use. I am sure you have those items of clothing too - the ones that never seem to make it into your rotation even though you obviously liked them when you bought them. I also went through the girl's clothes and did the same.

I decided to try out an instagram sale which has been all the rage lately, and put everything I couldn't bring myself to donate up for sale in a new shop account @littlemisslark. If you care to take a look there are a lot of vintage and newer pieces for women as well as some little girl clothes in great condition. You can leave a comment with your paypal email on the picture of the item on instagram, or if you would rather leave a comment here letting me know which item you are interested in that is fine too. Shipping is included in the price, sorry no international shipping this time. Thanks!

Other than my closet purging I have been spending a lot of time on the phone lately with our insurance company trying to sort out a big financial mess dealing with my miscarriage surgery. The first time I sat down to make a call I thought I had my emotions in check but the minute I tried to speak everything came back to the surface a hundred-fold and I found myself sobbing on the phone to a complete stranger. Lucky for me the person who answered my call was the most caring older woman who knew just what to say. She has been so wonderfully helpful through it all and if I saw her in person I would give her a big hug. My midwife clinic has also been so supportive and without getting into too much detail, it was because of them our appeal to the insurance company was accepted. Now I am just getting some odds and ends sorted out. It will feel so good when everything is all settled and I can continue to heal without this added stress.

I didn't sit down with the intention to write about any of my insurance woes and I don't really know where I am going with it, except that I am just really grateful for those people I am certain God has placed on my path to help me though this time. I am sure they will never realize just how much their kindness has meant to me, but at least now you all know and that is something :)

And, to leave you on a happy note, the winner of the So Pretty! Felt book giveaway was announced here!

3 comments:

  1. Stacy,

    I am not sure if this is your first miscarriage or not, but I want to tell you to be gentle with yourself. This is a very, very emotionally trying experience. Much more so than anyone expects. The hormonal wave and tidal crash will take you by surprise for a long while. It's okay to allow yourself to feel all of that and more. This is the loss of a dream as much as anything else. I am sorry you find yourself here, and please know it WILL get better and I am thinking of you. (Says she who lost 4 babies on this crazy motherhood journey of mine.)

    Much love to you right now,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete