Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

easter


We had a fun Easter weekend and hope you did too! On Saturday we dyed eggs naturally using beets, blueberries, and onion skins and I think the colors turned out quite lovely. The Easter bunny dropped off the girl's baskets later that night and decided to make it a tradition to give books, art supplies, and a few snacks each year. 

(I never know when I will be married to a civil war general - Husband likes to surprise me with different facial hair, ha!)

After church on Easter Sunday, we spent the day with my family and had a big dinner, egg hunt, and games. LM and Lark both wore a pretty vintage dress. I had been saving LM's dress for quite some time and it is one of my very favorites ever with that darling scalloped eyelet lace yoke. As I was dressing her I realized this makes two Easter's in a row she has worn a yellow dress with that purple headband. Lark's dress was a darling pink floral print and she looked so cute with those knee-highs showing off her chubby thighs!

 
LM wore: dress, vintage//tights & headband, Old Navy//shoes, Nordstrom Rack
Lark wore: dress, vintage//socks & shoes, Target//headband, gift from my sister

Now we are looking forward to a week of egg salad sandwiches, jellybeans, and lots of sunshine! Happy Easter friends!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely Easter! I had never heard of naturally dyed eggs until the day AFTER we did ours. Next year I am definitely going to do some experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew your girls would have gorgeous vintage dresses for easter, love Lark's wee stripy socks too
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh Lark's chubs poking over her knee highs - SO cute. And I love LMs whole outfit! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww how sweet. They both look lovely in their Easter dresses. Good job on the natural egg dying. I didn't do that this year :/ Maybe I'll try that next year.

    A Girl In Transit

    ReplyDelete