Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

i love elastic thread


This was probably the fastest and easiest sewing project I've done in a long time. Most of my time was spent rummaging in my scrap pile finding big enough pieces of fabric to throw it all together, the actual sewing was a breeze. If you haven't tried sewing with elastic thread, you must. It was like taking a regular sewing project and turning it into an 'instant' sewing project!

For a detailed tutorial on how to make shirred tops go here. I followed those directions for the most part, but since I was using scraps I had to veer off course to piece together the different tiers of fabric. They are all sewn to a large piece of cream fabric doubling as the lining for the inside of the dress.

3 comments:

  1. elastic thread sounds so awesome, for some reason though im always so afraid to use it,but I might have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very talented. she looks cute. maybe she'll let you make her prom dress.

    ReplyDelete