Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

mrs. plaid

The Little Miss is not the only one wearing plaid around here. I found this dress at the thrift store and immediately loved the color (and the pockets!) and thought I could refashion it into a more wearable style. No offense if you like to wear ruffle-wings and sleeves big enough to store the contents of your purse in...


...but that's just not me. I couldn't decide between a toned down dress or a skirt. I went with the dress to see how it looks and this is the result - no more wings or purse-sleeves.


I still can't decide if its too "I'm wearing a picnic blanket." Maybe I just can't get the original out of my head. What do you think? Would it be better as a skirt?

2 comments:

  1. i like it as a dress. it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a good job, it's cute. The top picture of you holding out the dress, before you fixed it, reminded me of Alice in Wonderland :)

    ReplyDelete