Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

kindergarten


It all happened so fast that I didn't even get a proper picture of her sweet excited face until after we had walked home from school. I blame this on my naivety that we were right on time instead of early and so she was ushered inside immediately upon arrival and it was all I could do to get my goodbye kiss. There were no tears, maybe because I didn't even have time to think to cry, but I also knew she was ready.

She chose her outfit that morning and I noticed with a smile that she was wearing some of my hair elastics as bracelets. So when she confided to me that she was 'a little bit nervous' I told her if she felt sad or missed me she could twist the hair elastics around her wrist and be reminded that I love her. She wore them for the rest of the week.

So, I guess I have a kindergartner now, and a toddler who just happens to have a nap time that perfectly coincides with her sisters school hours. I don't know how I pulled that one off. 

p.s. I made the backpack for her last year, tutorial here.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet story! I was just going to say I loved her backpack--it's so cute. :)
    Sarah M

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing ever! Makes me want to hug my baby...all 200 big hairy 30 year old pounds of him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those arms spread out like wings. Ready to fly. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete