Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

coat with flower brooch

I made this coat intending for the Little Miss to wear it to church in the crisp, cool air... but she hasn't worn it yet. We walked to the park today and I was wishing I wore shorts - cool fall weather, where did you go? I think I am ready for you to come back now. I bought a flannel shirt and everything.


I wanted the coat to have a simple pattern that would go with most of her dresses and I am really happy with the fabric I chose; its a cotton canvas so it'll be sturdy which is good because I made it roomy enough that she'll be able to wear it next year too.


I thought it would be fun to dress it up a bit more when the Little Miss is feeling extra fancy, so I had my sister make me a custom flower bouquet and then I added some ribbon and turned it into a 'prize-ribbon' brooch. I think I might wear it when I want to feel fancy too.


4 comments:

  1. CUTE!!! We make a good team. :) I can't wait to see her wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. Both the coat and the pin. What pattern did you use? Is it a vintage pattern? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very, very pretty! Can't wait to see it on the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute coat, I like the bouquet too, you are great at making little clothes ;)

    ReplyDelete